Nepal Oil Corporation old questions of IT officer (2079-10-24)
Section A: 50 Marks
1.What do you mean by protocol stack in a computer network? Explain the principle of TCP congestion control. (5+5=10).
2. Describe the significane of inheritance and polymorphism in OOP. list the disadvantages of depth buffer algorithm for hidden surface removal. (6+4=10).
3. Compare uniformerd search. Explain A* search with an example. (3+7=10).
4. Define Dynamic programming. Explain the types of priority queue with example. (4+6=10).
5. Draw a block diagram for digital communication system. what does interrupt in computer architecture mean? Explain the working mechanism of DMA. (3+2+5=10).
Section B: 50 Marks
6. Explain the types of software cost estimation Model with examples. (10).
7. what do you understand by transaction management and concurrency control in database? Explain different types of crash recovery techniques used in database. (5+5=10).
8. Differentiate between top down parsing and bottom up parsing. Also, explain code optimizations. (6+4=10).
9. How are oscillators different from transistors ? Design a circuit diagram for a Wein Oscillator using BJT. (4+6=10).
10. what is public key cryptography? Explain RSA algorithm in detail. what is digital signature?