Unit 1 : Introduction
1.How can you make sure that your code is both safe and fast?
2.Define software engineering?
3.What is Software configuration management?
4.What is software?
5.Differentiate between software engineering & system engineering?
6.List & explain the attributes of good software?
7.What are the Key challenges facing in software engineering?
8.Define different types of software myths.
9.Define code of ethics and professional practice in software engineering?
Unit 2 : Software Development Process Model
1.what’s software process and project?
2.Explain about component software process.
3.what’s SDLC? What are different SDLC models?
4.Describe classical waterfall model and iterative development model of Software development. Draw appropriate diagrams. Compare the 2 models.
5.Discuss about prototyping model. Explain its merits and Demerits.
6.Discuss very well about the layers involved in Unified Process model.
7.Discuss well about Time Boxing model.Explain different phases of utmost Programming (XP) with a neat diagram. Describe extreme programming process.
9.what’s Agility? what’s an agile process?
10.what’s Agility? Explain Extreme programming Values.
11. What are generic process models and explain process Models? [Note: Generic process Model = Waterfall Model and explain all other models for process models.]
12.Explain about project management process.
13.What are perspective process models?
[There are two forms of prescriptive process models. They are:
1.The Waterfall Model
2.Incremental Process model ]
NOTE: when question is asked like this explain about waterfall and incremental. ]
14.Explain about agile model for software development. Compare it with waterfall model, prototyping model and iterative development model.
15.) Why does an iterative process make it easier to manage change? Is it possible to finish a project in exactly one iteration and still be agile?Explain your answers.
16.) Describe how incremental process models are better than waterfall Model.
17.) What process models will you utilize in various projects?
MCQ Important Questions
1. The most important feature of spiral model is
a. Requirement analysis. b. Risk management.
c. Quality management. d. Configuration management.
2. ER model shows the
a. Static view. b. Functional view.
c. Dynamic view. d. All the above.
3. The tools that support different stages of software development life cycle are called:
a. CASE Tools b. CAME tools
c. CAQE tools d. CARE tools
4. Which of these five generic software engineering framework activities?
a. communication, planning, modeling, construction, deployment.
b. communication, risk management, measurement, production, reviewing.
c. analysis, designing, programming, debugging, maintenance.
d. analysis, planning, designing, programming, testing.
5. Which of these software engineering activities is not a part of software processes?
a. Software development b. Software dependence
c. Software validation d. Software specification
6. Which one of the following is NOT desired in a good software requirement specifications (SRS) document?
a. Non-Functional Requirements b. Goals of Implementation
c. Functional Requirements d. Algorithms for Software Implementation
7. Software engineers should not use their technical skills to misuse other people’s computers. “Here the term misuse refers to:
a. Unauthorized access to computer material b. unauthorized modification of computer material
c. Dissemination of viruses or other malware d. All of the mentioned
8. In agile software processes the highest priorities is to satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable software
a. True b. False
9. The component-based development model is
a. only appropriate for computer hardware design.
b. Not able to support the development of reusable components.
c. Dependent on the object technologies for support.
d. Not cost effective by known quantifiable software metrics.
10. Which of the following is not an important trait of an effective software engineer?
a. Attentive to detail. b. Brutally honest.
c. Follows process rule dogmatically. d. Resilient under pressure.
11. XP a metaphor is used as a device to facilitate communications among customers, team members, and managers.
a. False. b. True.
12. Which of these factors complicate decision-making by global software teams.
a. Complexity of problem. b. Different views of the problem.
c. Law of unlimited consequences. d. Risk associated with decision.
e. All of the above
13. Which of the items listed below is not one of the software engineering layers?
a. process. b. Manufacturing.
c. methods. d. tools.
14. The nature of software applications can be characterized by their information.
a. Complexity. b. Content.
c. Determinacy. d. both b and c.
15. Evolutionary software process models
a. Are iterative in nature. b. Can easily accommodate product requirements changes.
c. Do not generally produce throwaway systems. d. All of the above.
|1. (b)||2. (a)||3. (a)||4. (a)||5. (b)|
|6. (d)||7. (d)||8. (True)||9. (c)||10. (c)|
|11. (True)||12. (e)||13. (b)||14. (b & C)||15. (d)|